Hand spinning is a peaceful, wholesome and creative craft that can bring immense joy and satisfaction to a busy life. This beautiful book explains how to spin unique yarn using natural raw materials such as fleece, flax and silk. It aims to teach, encourage and inspire spinners to extend their skills and uncover the mystique surrounding the long draw, the hallmark skill of accomplishment in hand spinning. It includes over 200 supporting images and clear step-by-step instructions on spinning methods, fibre preparation, colour skills, dyeing, yarn structure, art and yarn design. It will bring inspiration and pleasure to all spinners, regardless of experience or expertise.
- Gives clear, precise instructions for the long draw, worsted and core-spinning techniques that determine yarn quality and performance.
- Outlines how to choose and prepare fleece, flax, silk and camelid fibre for hand spinning.
- Includes proven definite colour skills that will personalize and enhance hand-spun work.
- Describes dyeing animal and vegetable fibre and yarn, without special materials or equipment, using natural and synthetic dyes.
- Encourages use of classic yarn structures such as boucle, gimp, coils, and crepe, as design features for unusual visual and textural effect.
- Individual hand-spun work illustrates the concept of art yarn and the design process.
- Suggests projects for yarn that has meaning, artistry and purpose.
If you find a product unsuitable please contact Vibes & Scribes as problems can often be resolved without incurring unnecessary postal charges. Feel free to return an item back to our store, where we can find you an alternative item, or resolve the problem quickly and in person.
If however, it is deemed necessary to return an item for exchange or refund, please note the following:
- Goods returned must be in original packaging, with labels still attached.
- Goods must be returned within fourteen days of receipt.
- Goods must have accompanying receipt and note of reason for return.
- Any damaged or mal-functioning items must be highlighted to us within 7 days.
- Any other shortages/errors found regarding your order must also be highlighted to us within 7 days. - Costs incurred in posting the returned item are not refundable.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
All orders placed in Ireland are charged at a delivery flat rate of €3.95. We will endeavor to ship all orders on day of purchase, provided they are placed before 3pm, Monday to Friday. Please note that during busy periods this may not always be possible. Orders placed at the weekend will be sent on Monday morning. Please contact us if you have special requirements regarding delivery.
All orders are shipped through An Post and packages can be tracked through the following link: https://track.anpost.ie/trackone.aspx
FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS OVER €39.95/£40/$60
US Shipping: Just €6 (approx. $6.85) for orders weighting up to 1kg. 1kg+ calculated at checkout. Free shipping for orders over $60. Approx. 5-7 working days.
UK Shipping: £3.95 flat rate. Free shipping for orders over £40. Approx. 3-5 working days.
All orders placed online can be tracked using a tracking number you will receive when you place your order.