Sirdar Sweet Blossom Blanket Crochet Along
- Yarn Weight:
- Needle Size:
- Featured Yarn:
- Hayfield Bonus DK
- Skill Level:
Celebrate Spring with Sirdar x Sweetpea Family Crochet.
Sue Rawlinson, the crochet maven behind Sweet pea Family Crochet has designed a beautiful new blanket for her first Crochet Along with Sirdar.
The Sweet Blossom Blanket, in Hayfield Bonus DK, features the signature deep border and pretty pastel shades for which Sweetpea Family Crochet is known and loved and Sue has added some deeper floral shades to truly capture the colours of blossom over spring flowers.
Crocheters can join Sue to crochet along each step of her Sweet Blossom Blanket in 5 weekly steps. Sirdar will release a free pattern each week, together with a video in which Sue will describe each week’s Crochet Along and give step by step instructions for new stitches as they are introduced.
The Sweet Blossom Blanket is a one-piece project so makers will see the beauty of the design as it grows, with no sewing up at the end.
Sue’s reassuring tutorials help newer crocheters gain confidence as they crochet along and she even includes tips on weaving in ends and blocking. More experienced crocheters will enjoy the relaxing, rhythmic stitching in each panel, the perfect me-time project.
Kit Includes: 3 x Hayfield Bonus DK Cream (812) and 1 x Hayfield Bonus DK of every other colour. [Deep Rose (616), Frost Blue (608), Vanilla (594), Grass (825), Petal Pink (585), Gentle Jade (604), Cerise (984), Light Grey (814), Ice Blue (730)]
Make sure to include your crochet hooks as they are not included in the kit!
Share your progress using #SirdarCAL and #SirdarMakes.
- Level: Easy, a relaxing project for crocheters of all levels.
- Techniques & Stitches: One-piece project crocheted in complete stripes with no sewing up. 10 Stitches including Double Crochet, Treble Crochet, Griddle Stitch, Bobbles, Granny Stripe and more.
- Finished Size: 120 x 160cm (approx.)
- Yarn: Hayfield Bonus DK (100% Acrylic).
- Shades: Cream (812), Deep Rose (616), Frost Blue (608), Vanilla (594), Grass (825), Petal Pink (585), Gentle Jade (604), Cerise (984), Light Grey (814), Ice Blue (730).
- Pattern: Free weekly download and how to videos from sirdar.com.
(!) Please Note: This kit does not include a printed pattern or crochet hooks. Click here to download starting from the 21st April.
Shop crochet hooks here. You will need a 4.00mm and a 5.00mm for this project.