Vibes & Scribes Guide to Trading In Your Used Books
We buy, sell and exchange used and second-hand books. A huge selection awaits you, including crime novels, literary and genre fiction and Irish interest.
We Are Looking For
- Popular fiction from 2019 onwards
- Classic and literary fiction
- Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror
- History, especially Irish and Cork History
- Popular Science/Psychology/Sociology/Feminism
- LGBTQ+ books
- Comic Trade Paperbacks & Graphic Novels
- Leabhair Gaeilge
We Are Not Looking For
- Younger children's books
- Hardcover or large format fiction unless published in 2020/21
- Business/Self Help/Computing books
- Historical Fiction
- Books in languages other than Irish or English
- Cookery Books unless very recent
This list is not exhaustive so please feel free to bring anything you'd like us to take a look at into the store where we will assess them on the spot. For large volumes of books (100+) please contact us in advance to avoid delay to yourself.
Trading in Your Books
Get your books ready – Use the guidelines above to pick the books you’re going to trade in. If you aren’t sure, you can always use the contact form below to ask.
Remember, condition is important so we won’t accept any damaged or torn books.
Bring your books into our second-hand bookshop at 21 Lavitt’s Quay. If you only have a few books or a couple of bags/boxes, you can bring them in whenever you like.
If you have a large quantity of books, please ring ahead to find out when is the best time to bring them in.
We’ll go through your books and pick out the ones we can take. The titles we can’t take in will need to be brought away again.We cannot dispose of them or donate them charity - they are your responsibility.
We do not allow drop-offs i.e. you must stay in the shop with your books as they are being appraised.
We’ll let you know what your books come to in cash or store credit.
Store credit has no expiry date and can be used in all three of our shops – new books, second-hand books and the craft shop on Bridge Street.