Dylon Fabric Dye (50g) - Hand Use..
- Weigh dry fabric. Wash thoroughly. Leave damp.
- Using rubber gloves, dissolve dye in 500ml warm water.
- Fill bowl/stainless steel sink with approx 6 litres warm water (40°C).
- Stir in 250g (5tbsp) salt. Add dye & stir well.
- Submerge fabric in water.
- Stir for 15mins, then stir regularly for 45mins.
- Rinse fabric in cold water. Wash in warm water and dry away from direct heat & sunlight.
- You will need 250g salt
- 1 pack dyes up to 250g fabric (e.g. shirt) to full shade or larger amounts to lighter shade
- Suitable fabrics: Cotton, linen and viscose. Wool, Silk, Polyester/cotton and polyester/viscose mixes will dye to lighter shades.
- Not suitable: Pure polyester, acrylic, nylon & fabric with special finishes.
- Wash separately for first few washes to remove any excess dye
- Please note: Colour mixing rules apply (e.g. blue on red gives purple)
- Hand dye can be used in the microwave to create special effects.
- For cotton, linen, silk and polyester/cotton mixes only.
- Micro-Dyeing is not suitable for wool, viscose or synthetic fabrics.
- DO NOT USE ON VISCOSE, AS FABRIC CAN GIVE OFF HARMFUL FUMES.
- Remove all metal on fabric (zips, studs, etc).