Dylon Fabric Dye (350g) Machine Use
Welcome to a world of colour. DYLON Fabric Dyes are the easy way to add colour to your home and wardrobe. From all colours bright and beautiful to rich and intense shades, with DYLON you have all the colours of the world to choose from.Â Buy some dyes here today and give it a try. If you feel like a change you can wake up your wardrobe, revive a faded top or brighten some cushion colours with colour and ease.
- DYLON Fabric Dyes are easy-to-use and completely safe for your washing machine!
- All-in-1 formula to revive or change the colour of your clothes and soft furnishings.
- This washing machine dye provides perfect, long-lasting and intense colour results.
DYLON All-In-One Machine Dye Instructions
The shade you achieve will depend on 3 things:
1. FABRIC TYPE
- Cotton, linen & viscose will dye to full shade.
- Polyester/cotton & polyester/viscose mixes will dye to lighter shade.
- Wool, silk, polyester, acrylic, nylon & fabric with special finishes e.g. 'dry clean only', cannot be dyed.
2. FABRIC AMOUNT
- One pack will dye up to 600g of fabric (e.g. jeans, bath towel, double sheet) to the full shade & up to 1.2kg of fabric (e.g. double duvet) to lighter shade.
- Multiple packs will dye larger amounts to full shade, e.g. 2 packs for 1200g (e.g. double duvet) or 4 packs for 2kg (e.g. curtains).
3. ORIGINAL FABRIC COLOUR
- You can change one strong colour to another (or dye it to a lighter shade) by using DYLON PRE-DYE which lightens before you dye, ready for colour change.
- Otherwise colour mixing rules apply, e.g. blue dye on red fabric gives purple.
- Patterned fabric will often still show through.
- First, weigh dry fabric to ensure you have sufficient dye. Once you are ready:
- Put damp fabric into the drum.
- Just peel off lid, put the Pod directly into the drum of the washing machine and run 40C or 30C cycle.
- Run another 40C or 30C cycle with detergent.
- Dry fabric away from direct heat & sunlight
- Use in front loading automatic washing machines. Do not use in launderette machines.
- Don't dye more than half machine's maximum load to avoid crowding which will give patchy results.
- Don't use more than five packs of dye at once You do not need to add salt with the new DYLON 350g packs of Machine Dye.
- Dyeing may not cover stains, faded areas or bleach marks.
- Should any dye be left in machine after dyeing, add cup of bleach to drum, add detergent as usual & run machine empty on 40°C cycle.
- After dyeing, wash separately or with similar colours for first two washes to remove any excess dye.
- Polyester stitching will not dye. Always read the full instructions in pack before use.