When we think of dusk in the north west of Ireland (where designer Ailbíona lives), we picture the fuchsia hedges that grow along the side of the road. As the light slowly drains from the sky, their dangling forms glow like jewels against the backdrop of evening shadows.
Inspired by this imagery, Anna is a top-down pullover with a stranded colourwork yoke and a delicate picot
edged neckline. Worked in 4 Ply-weight yarn above gauge, this is a lightweight garment with elegant drape.
Combining tonal and lightly variegated yarns offers limitless possibilities for magical colourwork effects.
- 3(3,4,4,4,5,5) x 100g Skeins of Yarn Vibes 4 Ply Weight Yarn in Colour A of your choice. (Depending on size)
- 1 x 100g Skein of Yarn Vibes 4 Ply Weight Yarn in Colour B of your choice.
- 1 x 3.50mm (US4) Circular Knitting Needles. (Or as needed to meet gauge in single colour stockinette)
- 1 x 3.75mm (US5) Circular Knitting Needles. (Or as needed to meet gauge for colourwork)
- Knitter's Sewing Needle.
- Stitch markers.
- Scrap yarn.
- Measuring tape.
- 23 sts x 32 rounds = 10cm x 10cm (4"x4")