Liquitex Basics Acrylic: Matte Gel Medium (250ml)
- Winsor & Newton
Mix with paint to give it a matte finish, while making it thicker and better for blending - or use as a collaging adhesive.
What it does:
- Thickens fluid/medium body paints, giving more prominent brush and knife marks.
- Increases surface gloss, color depth and transparency.
- Slows drying time so you achieve better color blends.
- Makes your color go further without affecting stability.
- Maintains paint adhesion, durability and archival quality.
How to use it:
- Fully intermixable with all Liquitex products - Basics and Professional.
- Mix with Gloss Gel to create a custom satin finish.
- Can be thinned by diluting with up to 25% water - distilled water will give best results.
- Mix as much as you like into acrylic color to create the consistency and transparency you want - the more you add, the more transparent your color will become.
- Apply with a brush as a collaging glue.
How not to use:
- Do not vigorously over-brush as this can result in a foggy, hazy look when dry.
- Do not use with any non-acrylic compatible media.