Liquitex Basics Acrylic: Modelling Paste (250ml)
(You save €1.51 )
- Winsor & Newton
A thick acrylic putty to create texture on rigid supports and make 3D forms.
What it does:
- Dries to a hard 'stone-like' opaque white matte finish that you can sand or carve.
- Can be used on its own, mixed with color, or painted once dry.
- Can be painted with acrylics, oils, watercolors, graphite or dry pastels when dry.
- Can be handled like clay.
- Maintains paint adhesion, durability and archival quality.
How to use it:
- Fully intermixable with all Liquitex products - Basics and Professional.
- Use on non-flexible supports only.
- Apply with knife or tool.
- Mix with acrylic color to make a tinted paste.
- For sculptural texture, build up in thin layers, allowing each to dry.
- Dry slowly by covering loosely with plastic wrap to avoid shrinkage cracks.
- If cracks appear, allow to dry and fill in with another thin layer of paste.
- Ensure it's completely dry before sanding or carving.
- Overpaint once dry with acrylics or most other media.
How not to use:
- Do not use with any non-acrylic compatible media.
- Drying too quickly will cause cosmetic (not structural) cracks.
- Do not use on flexible supports unless mixed with another medium.