Liquitex Basics Acrylic: Coarse Texture (250ml)
- Winsor & Newton
Create a flexible, coarse-grade granular look and feel with this thick acrylic gel.
What it does:
- Different size acrylic particles give structure and texture.
- Dries to a semi-gloss, sand-like finish.
- Highly flexible and adhesive.
- Will not chip or crack on canvas.
- Can be used on its own, mixed with color, or overpainted once dry.
- Apply thickly to create bold 3D effects, or finely to give surface texture.
- Maintains color adhesion, durability and archival quality.
How to use it:
- Fully intermixable with all Liquitex products - Basics and Professional.
- Apply with knife or brush.
- Can be thinned with small amount of distilled water if required.
- Mix with different consistencies and ratios of acrylic color/medium to create a custom texture.
- Start by adding very small amounts of color and build up as needed.
- Paint when dry with acrylic color.
- Apply thickly for sculptural texture.
- Mix with Gloss Fluid Medium to create a textured glaze.
How not to use:
- If varnishing, don't be too vigorous as this can cause clouding or foaming - spray varnish will give best results
- Do not use with any non-acrylic compatible media..